Monday, February 20, 2012

The Writer's Block Interviews: Mellanie Crouell


1)     Tell us how you became an author? Describe your journey.

     At the age of thirteen I began to write poetry to express my feelings. As time went on my poetry became stronger in depth. In 2005, I got married to my teenage love. It was a bad marriage. The challenges I faced in that marriage took me to a place that I thought I wasn't going to be able to return. Then I was blessed with my daughter. I wanted to leave something for my daughter to remember me by. Once my first book was published I knew had I found my new voice.



2)     Do you prefer any particular literary genre?

      The genre I prefer is fiction.



3)     Where do you find your inspiration to write?

       I find my inspiration through life experiences.




4)     Please share some of your available titles. Where can they be purchased?

       The titles of my work are Internal, External of Life25 Days of Roses, and Sweet Dreams. You can purchase my work at http://www.mellaniecrouell.com, Amazon.com, www.bn.com, www.publishamerica.com, www.warrenpublishing.net, or request and order from the bookstore.



5)     Describe how you chose your publisher(s).

       I chose my publishers based on what I need for the book. I look for good communication between the publisher and me.



6)     Why did you decide to enroll at Southern New Hampshire University?



      I decided to enroll in Southern New Hampshire University to improve my writing. SNHU has a creative writing online curriculum which means that I don't have to sit in a classroom. Most of all, I wanted to enhance my knowledge of the writing industry. Most of the professors work in the industry and they share tips of personal experience that will help students succeed in the future.



7)     How do you promote your work? What methods have worked best for you?

      The way I promote my work is through interactions with people-- mostly through my speaking engagements.



8)     What advice would you offer to aspiring authors?

      Advice that I can share is to be persistent.



9)     What is your definition of success as an author?

     My definition of success as an author is when I can help others to reach their success and stay humble.



10)  What is next for you in 2012?

      What is next for me is to finish  re-editing What Do You See? and start working on my first novel.

Contact Mellanie:

Website  http://www.mellaniecrouell.com

No comments:

Post a Comment